The Farrar Scientific Controlled Rate Chamber permits fast, uniform bulk freezing and thawing of PCM or products contained in a variety of containers such as single use system (SUS), polycarbonate vessels or polypropylene vessels.
- Rapid bulk freezing and/or thawing of phase change materials in hours instead of days or weeks.
- Uniform, repeatable results improve quality control in production and logistics.
- Forced-air circulation provides quick pulldown from ambient to desired temperature throughout the container extending to the fluid core which avoids false freeze points and optimizes the freezing process.
- Eliminates uncertainty, provides temperature specific conditioning to satisfy processing and shipping protocols for various pharmaceuticals.
- Deep temperature pulldown surpasses supercooling point of mixed solution fractions.
- Variable soak and ramp to target temperature assures uniform conditioning.
- Solid phase conditioning assures maximum heat of fusion for greater energy storage and longest cooling capacity over time.
Eliminates inadvertent freezing of shipped product by providing solid, uniformly frozen PCM at the intended final temperature. (Note: An “over-frozen” PCM could freeze valuable product.)
Control System – Freeze/Thaw
- A programmable controller allows user defined temperature setpoint, pulldown, dwell, ramp and hold temperatures.
- The programmable controller allows for the storage of three independent profiles.
- Control panel lights indicate system status.
- Lockout Cover
|Customer Specified Pre-Programming and Process Validation|
|Custom Material Handling Systems Available|